Sean Dunlop cut his teeth playing rock n' roll covers in pubs from the age of 17 and has toured Australia with a number of originals projects over the past decade.
Since going solo a few years ago, Sean has refined his voice, delivering crooning live performances that can silence a room one night before belting to a packed auditorium or outdoor event the next.
A natural creative and graphic designer by day, Sean's songwriting influence come largely from his old man's record collection, borrowing sounds from the classics with a distinctively Australian swagger.
"I wrote the chords to Better Place one night, soon after a short stay in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii. The lyrics came directly from a dream I had and the rhythm and song structure are reminiscent of 50s and 60s pop music."
"Originally a poem I wrote during a sleepless night, Southerly is a friendly, acoustic waltz with a bit of bushman twang. It's about dealing the oppressively hot Summer nights in Australia and includes a tip of the hat to one of my songwriting heroes."
"Sailing started as a letter home to the wife and kids of a deck hand in the late 1800s. The inspiration comes from my great grandfather, who came to Australia from Scotland at that time. It's also a metaphor for my own recent mental health journey".
Whether it be a pub, club, auditorium, event, wedding, party or even a cruise, Sean is no stranger to the stage. He is able to tailor a performance to suit small parties and dinner atmospheres and has belted to hundreds at larger venues and thousands at outdoor events, armed with a kick drum stomp box and a pack of harmonicas.
Sample Covers List
• Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
• My Happiness - Powderfinger
• Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
• Mrs. Robinson - Simon and Garfunkel
• Khe Sanh - Cold Chisel
• Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
• Drops of Jupiter - Train
• Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
• To Her Door - Paul Kelly
• Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
• Take it Easy - The Eagles
• Cheap Wine - Cold Chisel
• Lego House - Ed Sheeran
• Drive - Incubus
• Mr. Brightside - The Killers
• Holy Grail - Hunters and Collectors
• Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
• What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
• Moondance - Van Morrison
• Come Together - The Beatles
• Paint it Black - The Rolling Stones
• Heart of Gold - Neil Young
• Lover - Sonia Dada
• Dumb Things - Paul Kelly
• Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
• Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
• Moonshadow - Cat Stevens